Get The Facts
A project of George Kaiser Family Foundation, A Gathering Place for Tulsa will transform nearly 100 acres of Tulsa’s waterfront along the Arkansas River into a dynamic and active space. A Gathering Place for Tulsa will blend nature with an urban setting providing Tulsans and visitors more space to play, relax and gather together along the river. The park, centrally located, will include features such as a lodge, boathouse, nature walks, two land bridges connecting the two sides of river parks, sporting areas and a pond.
- A Gathering Place for Tulsa is funded by a mix of corporate and philanthropic Tulsa organizations.
- Construction began in September 2014 and Phase I (66.5 acres) is scheduled to be complete in late spring/summer 2018.
- The park will serve as a cornerstone for a vibrant community while improving social, economic and environmental sustainability in Tulsa.
- Renowned landscape architect Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates designed the unique park.
- A Gathering Place for Tulsa is the largest private gift to a public park in U.S. history.
- It is estimated that the park will attract one million visitors annually.
- From the five-acre Adventure Playground to Mist Mountain, sport courts, bike and skate parks, natural trails, and large lawns for concerts, A Gathering Place for Tulsa will provide activities for the entire family to enjoy.